Monday, February 12, 2007

Enlargements and Resolution

These pearls originated in China. The photograph was taken using a macro. In my Photoshop instruction book, it tells how to enlarge to poster size without destroying the clarity of the image. I have yet to test this with an actual print but my plan is to send it through to Shutterfly to see if this works. Using my old (2.0 megapixel) camera, the site would not accept a picture to be enlarged claiming the resolution was not good enough. I then print a thumbnail of the photo, scanned it at high resolution and sent it back. They accepted it and the 30 x 40 inch result was quite acceptable. We'll see how the pearls stack up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning My Sweet!

\Finally got around to sitting down to enjoy your blog. A lot of beautiful work Annie and makes me very proud to have you in my life.

kisses
xx
D