Thursday, April 19, 2007

Perennial Persistence - The Rites of Spring


After a long and sometimes boring winter, the hint of Spring gives us renewed energy (or at least that's what is supposed to happen - right?). A couple of weeks ago, I ventured down to Georgian Bay and climbed around on the rocks to take some photos of the Bay finally getting rid of the last vestiges of ice. Seasonal residents look forward to this time as they open their cottages for the summer season. I decided to paint the Bay in it's transition to Spring. It is pictured here and is entitled "Almost Spring".

Spring brings with it the chores of cleaning up outdoors. As I look out this morning, the garden calls me. The incredible perennials are poking through the carnage left from winter no doubt wondering when I'll get out there and help them out. What is most amazing is that no matter what I do or more importantly what I DON'T do, these little plants seem to soldier on, appearing like magic every April. I guess the least I can do is clear away some of the debris to make their job easier.

No comments: